Team Information Head Coach: Todd Spitalny Assistant Coach: Scott Phillips Managers: Melika Darai Ahvaz, Bleona Dervishi, Alexa Marticio and Nick Storer Athletic Trainer: Amanda Johnston and Nikki Rhodes
School Administration Principal: Erin Lenart Athletic Director: Nancy Melnick Athletic Secretary: Lorie Spelman School Color: Blue,Gray,White Nick Name: Rebel Pride
FAIRFAX HIGH SCHOOL
BOYS’ SOCCER PRE-TRYOUT MEETING
Required paperwork needed for tryout participation:
1. VHSL PHYSICAL SUBMITTED TO ACTIVITIES OFFICE OR ATHLETIC TRAINERS PRIOR TO 2/24/2020. IF SUBMITTED ON OR AFTER 2/24 YOU MAYBE FORCED TO MISS A DAY OF TRYOUTS WHICH WILL COUNT AS ONE OF 3 DAYS.
2. The online concussion test must be completed by both the student athlete and parent prior to 2/24. If this is not completed prior to 2/24 you maybe forced to miss a tryout day which will be counted against your 3 days.
3. Each student must have submitted to the Boys’ Soccer coaches a completed emergency care card prior to starting the tryout.
4. ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO START OF TRYOUT DAY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DAILY TRYOUT)
(NO ACCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR FAILURE TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT PAPERWORK PRIOR TO START DATE AND TIME)
Tryouts will begin on 2/24/2020 after school with following schedule. Schedules below but subject to change due to weather or other reasons that require an adjustment.
• Monday – Draper Park 330-530. Meet at 315 in Gym Lobby and pick up at school at 545.
• Tuesday – Stadium Field 430 Cooper Run 530-715 Meet at 415 in Gym Lobby
• Wednesday – Draper Park 330-530. Meet at 315 in Gym Lobby and pick up at school at 545
• Thursday –Stadium Field 430 Cooper Run (for those who need to qualify) meet at 415
530-715 Meet at Stadium at 515
• Friday –Draper Park 330-530. Meet at 315 in Gym Lobby and pick up at school at 545
Rules for tryouts are as follow:
• All participants will meet in Gym Lobby 30 minutes prior to start of each tryout period.
• All participants will walk together to Draper Park. No student will be allowed to drive over to the park. Everyone will walk back together from tryouts to school.
• All participants will bring both running shoes, cleats and indoor shoes as all might needed pending on weather.
• All participants will be required to wear shinguards during tryouts. No one will be allowed to train in live matches without them.
• Please bring your own water bottle to be filled during the session for personal use. Please do not share water bottles.
• Do not bring your own soccer to prevent your ball from being lost.
• Do not wear your club soccer shirts.
• No parents will be permitted at tryouts. Parents can pick you up from school 15 minutes after the scheduled completion of tryouts.
How the tryout process will work:
• Varsity Tryout – All Juniors and Seniors and returning JV players will be in the Varsity tryout to begin the process.
• JV Tryout – All Freshmen and Sophomores who were not on JV the previous season will begin in the JV tryout.
• Duration of tryouts: All Student athletes will be granted 3 days of tryouts provided they had all paperwork completed and submitted on time.
• Adjustments can be made in advance for extenuating circumstances which were communicated prior to 2/24/2020.
• First cuts will be held at school at the end of 3rd session.
• Each day we will release players as needed until final teams are selected.
How players are selected:
• Players will be judged based on skill, technique, vision, work rate, ability to work with others on the field, creativity, composure and any other skills required to compete both in training and games.
• Players will be based on teams needs in relationship to positions. You maybe one of the top 20 players but if all those 20 players are centermids then we will need to take some other positions to fill the roster.
• Varsity candidates must complete the cooper in under 14 minutes with a goal of 12.
• JV Candidates must complete the cooper in under 16 with a goal of 12 to be considered.
• Coaches reserve the right to use academic progress and discipline records in the selection of the roster.
• Final rosters will also be based on individual needs for player development for long term success in the Fairfax Soccer program to be determined by coaching staff.