New this year for concussion ed for Athlete’s and parent’s!
Open the power point above to complete your concussion ed for all sports!
Read through the power point on the last page both athlete and parent need to sign and date, then return it to the activities office.
You no longer will be able to do it online through the county.
- Next district meet will be held Wednesday, October 16 at Wakefield Park. Boys at 5:00 pm and girls at 5:30 pm. Bus departs 3:15 pm and returns by 6:45 pm. Race will be start & finish in the field behind Audrey Moore Recreation Center, 8100 Braddock Road, Annandale. This course has over 2 miles of paved bike path, so if you want to run in your spiked shoes, it is best to remove your spikes before getting on the bus. You can put in blanks or run with no spikes.
- Race participants are expected to ride the team bus to meets but may ride home with a parent after checking out with Coach Whalley. Please notify me in advance of any special transportation needs.
- Parent volunteers needed at the meet at Wakefield Park on Wednesday, 10/16 to help direct traffic at the entrance to the parking lot. Volunteers for boys race needed from 4:50-5:20; volunteers for the girls race needed from 5:20-5:50. Please email coach Whalley.
Practices (Week of 10/14-20)
- Monday: No school / no team practice. Run on your own. Blue 50-60 if you didn't go long on Sunday, otherwise 45, Gray 45, White 35.
- Tueday: 3:30-5:30 Light pace run for varsity; pre-race workout for everyone else.
- Wednesday: 1:00-3:00 running movie (McFarland, Running Brave or Fire on the Track) in MPR, 3:15 bus to Wakefield meet, varsity practice on track/weight room from 1:15-3:15.
- Thursday: 4:00-5:30 pm. Pace run.
- Friday: 3:15-5:00 pm. Interval workout.
- Sat/Sun running: Blue: 40 min / 30 min; Gray: 35 min / 30 min; White/Newcomers: 30 min / 25 min. Stretch & abs.
- Conference Championship: Thursday, Oct. 24 at Burke Lake Park. Bus departs at 9:40. Varsity boys race at 11:00, varsity girls at 11:30, awards at 12 noon. Students will be dismissed from class at 9:30 (end of 1st period) and return to school in time for 7th period. We will enter 12 boys and 12 girls; individuals to be named after the meet on 10/16.
- Results from meets up through 10/12 have been posted under Documents.
- Photos from the Catoctin and Octoberfest meets are now posted under the Photos section. - Heat Monitoring: our athletic trainers and FCPS central office monitor heat and humidity on a daily basis and advise coaches when we're not allowed to practice outside and when we can practice outside but should modify our workouts. We have modified our workouts a few times this season at which times, we've run in shaded woods and provided extra breaks and access to plenty of water. Athletes that complain of dizziness or fatigue are always permitted to stop practicing and go inside.
TEAM FUNDRAISERS - Parents and athletes, please add the following team fundraisers to your calendars.
Sat 11/16 - Fairfax Craft Show 9 - 4 pm. We get paid to direct traffic in the FHS parking lot.
5K Fun Run - has been put on hold.
Funds from these events will help pay for team canopies, team trips and varsity warmup jackets. We will send notices to signup to volunteer via Signupgenius.com.