New this year for concussion ed for Athlete’s and parent’s!
Open the power point above to complete your concussion ed for all sports!
Read through the power point on the last page both athlete and parent need to sign and date,
then return it to the activities office.
You no longer will be able to do it online through the county.
Congratulations to Julia Moser, NISCA High School All-American Swimmer 2019
Good luck at Iona College in the fall
- Signup for our team overnight camp (See Summer Training section) - Deadline to guarantee a spot is 7/22.
- Team Spiritwear - need ideas for words and graphic design by 8/26. (See below)
- Register for the 2019 team by going to Team Req'ts section, completing online form & submitting 3 paper forms. See list of students with completed forms.
- Join our group workouts (See update for the coming week under Summer Training); call your friends to join in.
- Register to receive Remind messages from coaches and to send/receive Remind messages to/from your teammates (See Team Overview) .
- Complete Core/Strengthening Exercises 2-3 times per week (See Documents).
- Join in Trail Maintenance Projects (See below)
- Preview Day Trip Itinerary to Harpers Ferry National Park on 8/9 (See Documents).
- Team Dinner & Pool Party - Friday Aug. 23 at CCH pool
We're going to offer t-shirts and hoodie sweatshirts imprinted with lettering and graphic design of our choosing. If you have ideas or samples please send them to Coach Whalley by Friday, 7/26. Our spiritwear will include: Hoodies, wind jacket, running pants, long sleeve wicking fleece, cotton t-shirt, wicking t-shirt, running shorts & a backpack. We're aiming for our online spiritwear store to be open for orders between Aug.1-13 for delivery by our first meet on 9/07.
**TRAIL MAINTENANCE PROJECTS
The City has offered us free mulch to spread on trails we've recently cleared near our school. The trails include: Daniel's Run hill trail east of Tedrich Blvd, Ranger Road Park trail behind Fairfax Racquet Club, and FHS XC trail behind FHS baseball field. Our goal is to finish all 3 areas before we start practices on 8/5. Athletes, parents and siblings are welcome to help. We recommend bringing work gloves, water, and tools such as pitch forks, metal rakes and wheelbarrows.
- Monday, 7/22 9-10 am, Ranger Road Park Trail behind Fairfax Racquet Club, 9860 Fairfax Blvd. We'll meet at the mulch pile at the back of the parking lot.
- Tuesday, 7/23 9-10 am, Ranger Road Park Trail behind Fairfax Racquet Club, 9860 Fairfax Blvd. We'll meet at the mulch pile at the back of the parking lot.
- Saturday, 8/03 8-12 noon, meet at Tedrich Blvd at the end of the cul-de-sac.
We're also looking for a parent with a chainsaw to help us clear some fallen logs. Please contact Coach Whalley.
SAT SCHEDULE - This Fall there are SAT's offered on 10/5 (Robinson & Paul VI), 11/2 (FHS & Robinson) and 12/7 (FHS & Robinson). We are planning to run our Varsity squads in a meet on 10/5, so we recommend varsity athletes sign up for SATs on either 11/2 or 12/7 (when we don't have a XC meet).
TEAM FUNDRAISERS - Parents and athletes, please add the following team fundraisers to your calendars.
Sat 8/24 - Car wash & pancake breakfast 8 - 1 pm
Fri 9/06 - Tailgate table 5-7 pm to sell FHS spiritwear & bake sale in FHS fieldhouse parking lot.
Week of 9/23-27 Homecoming 5K fun run 5-7 pm (Exact day TBD)
Sat 11/16 - Fairfax Craft Show 9 - 4 pm. We get paid to direct traffic in the FHS parking lot.
Funds from these events will help pay for team canopies, team trips and varsity warmup jackets. We will send notices to signup to volunteer via Signupgenius.com.