Varsity Indoor Track
**If you are not listed here, you will be going to the tri/quad meet on Friday night at TJMS (buses leave after school lets out (around 4:30PM), and return after 10PM; parent rides home are allowed).
**4x200M & 4x400M relays are finalized.
**Saturday's bus leaves at 7am, and returns around 6pm.
|HS Boys 4x200 Meter Relay|
|-||Relay Team A
3) Joseph Burton 2) Lincoln Moore 4) Dillon Davenport 1) Wyatt Brooks
|HS Boys 4x400 Meter Relay|
|-||Relay Team A
1) Decker Barborek 4) Justin Hatchett 3) Curtrell Trott 2) Zahir Saiyed
|HS Boys 55 Meter Dash|
|HS Boys 300 Meter Dash|
|HS Boys 500 Meter Dash|
|HS Boys 1,600 Meter Run|
|HS Boys High Jump|
|HS Boys Pole Vault|
|HS Girls 4x200 Meter Relay|
|-||Relay Team A
3) Brianna Hart 2) Kaitlynn Hoefling 1) Trinity McCall 4) Alexandra Lawson
|HS Girls 4x400 Meter Relay|
|-||Relay Team A
4) Brianna Hart 3) Jackie Taube 2) Kaitlynn Hoefling 1) Alexandra Lawson
|HS Girls 55 Meter Dash|
|HS Girls 300 Meter Dash|
|HS Girls 1,600 Meter Run|
|HS Girls High Jump|
|HS Girls Long Jump|
|HS Girls Shot Put|
If you plan on trying out for the team, please fill out the following short form.
This is the coaches' team member information database--used for all notices, announcements, and management of the team. You must be on this list, to be considered for the team!
Tryouts & Making the Teams.
1. November 6-10, 2017--tryouts & assessments (100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1600M, Standing Broad Jump, & Overhead Shot Throw). Please note that everyone does every assessment, unless one of the coaches excuses you. Coaches need the numbers to be able to assess where to place you on the team, and how to train you.
2. November 12--Varsity & JV Squads FINALIZED AND ANNOUNCED. For the Indoor (as well as Outdoor) season, the team will be comprised of as many athletes as the coaches believe we can work with and achieve competitive results. This typically is around 30 boys and 30 girls.
3. Practice is 3:30-5:30pm, every day, starting Nov. 6th.
***Please have your forms completed ON OR BEFORE the first day of practice. If you do not have all of them completed, as well as register for the team, you will not be allowed to participate until you get those forms to the appropriate people.
The PHYSICAL goes to the Athletic Trainer.
CONCUSSION EDUCATION is done online by both the athlete AND A parent.
The EMERGENCY CARE CARD goes to Coach Wilson.
The PARTICIPATION POLICY FORM goes to Coach Wilson.
FAIRFAX HIGH SCHOOL
INDOOR/WINTER TRACK & FIELD
***SAME AS LAST YEAR***
Strength Training & Conditioning Prescription
Weight Room (3x/week—every other day; total body workout…upper, lower, & core)
1. Back Squat OR Deadlift—(3 sets; 12 repetitions)
2. Step-ups (weighted) OR Forward Lunge (weighted)—(3 sets; 12 repetitions)
3. Stiff-leg Deadlift OR Straight-leg RDL—(3 sets; 12 repetitions)
4. Good Morning—(3 sets; 12 repetitions)
1. Lat Pulldowns—(3 sets; 12 repetitions)
2. Bent-over Rows—(3 sets; 12 repetitions)
3. Shoulder Press—(3 sets; 12 repetitions)
4. Bench Press—(3 sets; 12 repetitions)
1. Bent-knee crunches—(3 sets; 50 repetitions)
2. Russian Twist (weighted)—(3 sets; 50 repetitions)
“On the track” (every other day)
1. 3x600M—once per week (75%)
2. 4x400M—once per week (75%)
3. 6x200M—once per week (90%)
**Please note…this is a 6-day-a-week, get in shape workout regimen, designed to prevent injury, prepare you for 1-2 seasons of track & field, and increase your overall fitness.
**If you cannot complete the entire week’s workout regimen on the first week, don’t just quit. Do as much as your body will allow, and do more the next week. Remember, you have many weeks to get ready/in shape for indoor track. If you work at it every day from now until November 6th, you will be ready to try out for the team. Physical fitness is not something you can put off, and still hope to produce good results. It’s an everyday commitment!
LIVE THE LIFE OF FITNESS & HEALTH!!
Pdf files are under "Team Files" link:
PRINT OUT BOTH!!!
Coach Wilson/Track & Field will use the Remind App to notify student-athletes and parents of late-breaking changes, pressing issues, as well as remind everyone of important upcoming events.
--to receive messages via text, text "@cgcc9" to "81010."
--to receive messages via email, send an email to "email@example.com."
UNIFORMS & TEAM SPIRIT WEAR
1. Team singlets (tops) and shorts are purchased by the athletes. They are yours to keep. They are to be worn at all meets. Your shorts can be either: A) a pair of black compression shorts; or B) a pair of black “baggy shorts.”
2. I WOULD LIKE for you to purchase (for purposes of uniformity & a “team look”) an FHS Track & Field Hoodie (to be worn at, to, during & from all meets). We want to look like the team that we are. If you already have one from previous years, you need not get a new one.
**Don't get caught without a uniform!!! Once the online store closes, there is no way to get a new uniform this season!!!